For the past couple of days I'd have to say that I've been annoyed by about 99% of everything.
I've been doing all kinds of things to shake this mood but I have not achieved even a modicum of success.
Part of what's been bringing this on is that I am currently in some kind of whacked out fibromyalgia flare-up. Do you know what that feels like? Well, let's see if I can describe a small portion of it for you:
Ever wake up with that run-over-by-a-bus feeling? Have you ever prayed for cloudy days because sunlight makes you want to scream? How about feeling like you seriously want to beat the piss out of
And that's only a slice of the fibromyalgia pie!
The other night we went out to dinner with a new friend and wound up having an exceptionally good time that had practically nothing to do with the dining part and almost everything to do with the conversation part.
You see, our new friend is smart and funny and unique and famous and has opinions and preferences (and is a published author)...and omigod I thought my head would explode I was so delighted to have actually been in the presence of someone interesting!
Good conversation is like a drug for me.
I thirst for it. I hunger for it. I lust after it.
You wanna know how much I covet good conversation?
Hmmmm, let's see....OK, remember back in the day when people went nuts in their quest for Cabbage Patch Kids dolls?
That's right; I'd trample Grandma in order to get me some good conversation. (kidding!)
Which explains another part of my bad mood. I got my 'fix' the other night and then I returned to my regularly scheduled life of working from home which means being isolated and relying on Facebook to interact with other human beings.
Yeah, Facebook.
And let's face it, there is no greater exercise in futility than looking to Facebook for intellectual stimulation.
Speaking of exercise in futility, I read this great interview with Gore Vidal yesterday. I love Gore Vidal. I've read everything he's written. More than once.
Naturally, then, I would want to share this article and hope that that would lead to discussing it with other like-minded people.
So I decided to conduct a social experiment by posting a link to it on Facebook.
Where it's been sitting, ignored, for quite some time now. Ha!
Shocking, right?
Instead, my Facebook friends are analyzing their names using the "Analysis Your Name" application.
For those of you unfamiliar with this fascinating, IQ- and life-enhancing tool, you type in your name and it supplies you with an in-depth analysis of your name which should then supply you with the answer(s) you need to solve your worldly problem(s).
Here is a screenshot of the analysis I got:
More fodder for my bad mood.
But I guess I'm just being a meanie.
Facebook = Escapism and I probably shouldn't begrudge anyone anything they might need to help them cope.
I just need to find friends who prefer to cope in a similar fashion to the way that I do.
Wow!
I am definitely feeling better after writing this rant.
(Imagine that...using an online diary to write diary-ish things.)



