July 7, 2011

Art. Art?


This is a piece of art by the artist Cy Twombly, who passed away this week.

This is a piece of art that proves - yet again - that I know absolutely nothing about what constitutes art.

My apologies, Mr. Twombly, wherever you are now, on behalf of my daughter who created a similar work of art twenty or so years ago when she was a toddler.  She did not mean to plagiarize your work because she was only 2 or 3 and did not know what plagiarize meant.  She was only having fun with a piece of chalk and a chalkboard for the minute or two that it took for her to copy your...um....masterpiece.

If I knew back then that she was a child prodigy I would have saved her work so I could sell it today, retire early someplace glorious and live happily la vida loca.