Well, wouldn't you know that it provoked some people into responding by way of leaving comments and one person said this:
For me it stands to reason that if I'm for something I would be against something else. It might depend on the issue, but for me most things are fairly black and white, for or against. I don't like to be a fence sitter...the spikes hurt my butt. ;)
Wait...did the person who left the above comment think that I insinuated somehow that I was a fence sitter?
Purquois?
Clearly, this called for the three E's: expound, elucidate, elaborate.
Here's what I came up with:
It's a live and let live thing. I don't like strawberry ice cream but I have zero need for YOU to not like strawberry ice cream. I understand that you may very well like strawberry ice cream and that I can still co-exist with you in spite of that.
I might not like rap music. So I'm not going to turn the radio dial to a rap music station and then complain the whole time about not liking rap music. I'm not going to start a petition calling for legislation that will eradicate rap music. I'm going to turn the dial to something I do like and let those who like rap music listen to the rap music station while I'm over here dancing and singing to my kind of music.
Just turn the dial. It's that simple.
I usually am not on the bandwagon of 95% of stuff that other people are. This is not because I strive to be different or I long to be considered a contrarian; it is just where I wind up when I consider stuff and apply common sense. I've been this way forever. But people tend to get huffy when anyone says 'no, thanks' to joining their cause/event/rebellion/beli
I'm not a fence sitter at all. In fact, I'm usually about about 20 feet away from the fence doing my own thing in my own version of the Land Of Make Believe.
It's safer, quieter and much more fun and peaceful there. ♥
Yee ha!
Sometimes I can really nail the je nais se quois of me!

